Dr. Hojatollah Yeganeh joined SSIMWAVE in 2014 and has contributed numerous features to the SSIMPLUS metric. He was part of the design and the implementation of various algorithms including banding detection, HDR video quality assessment, learning based source quality assessment, SSIMPLUS optimizer, temporal alignment, reduced reference temporal alignment, and animation detection. He is part of the SSIMWAVE research team that was awarded a 2020 Technology and Engineering Emmy for leadership in video encoding optimization. He holds Ph.D in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from the University of Waterloo where his work included:
- Designing and implementing new quality measure for tone-mapped HDR images and videos
- Developing objective measure to assess the quality of interpolated natural images
- Conducting subjective studies on tone-mapped compressed HDR videos by H.264 and HEVC.
- Understanding Banding – Perceptual Modeling and Machine Learning Approaches for Banding Detection and Removal
- Sunday, October 10 • 3:45 PM - 4:10 PM PT